Installation was simple on both nVidia and ATI platforms. The cooler is shipped with Radeon mounting equipment already attached. If you have a Readon 9500 or above its just a simple matter of removing the existing heatsink, applying a very large amount of the goop to the GPU. You then place the cooler onto the Radeon and use the supplied springs, plastic spacers and bolts to fasten the cooler to the card.
For nVidia, it is a matter of removing the screws that the unit comes equipped with. After removing the heatsink from the nVidia card, you then apply goop to the GPU and then attach the cooler onto the goop paste. Turn the card over, and you will see four holes next to the GPU (on all four corners). This is where you place the screws into to secure the cooler to the GPU, not the best method but it does work.
In all it took me 5 minutes on each card to get the cooler up and running. Once this is complete, you then have to hook up the water. This is very simple. You take the supplied barbs, hook your pipes up to each barb and insert them into the two large holes on the cooler. Once you have done this there is one last step - Insulation.
The unit itself is insulated around the GPU so there is no need to worry about that, it's the back that you need to worry about. Since the card will be experiencing lower than ambient temps on the card, condensation will build up. Swiftech supplied a foam pad with double sided tape. You place this over the back where the GPU is located. This prevents any air getting to the back of the GPU and thus prevents condensation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform