First off we take a look at the packaging. Swiftech have just slapped this cooler into an ordinary cardboard box with a sticker on the front. Being a cooler it doesn't need that fancy packaging that needs to catch the eye. When you open the box and unpack you see there is all you need for setting up and getting going.
Inside the box you get the cooler, installation instructions, hose barbs, Radeon mounting kit (for 9500 and 9700 using FC-BGA core, Nvidia / Kyro / Radeon 8xxx and 9000 mounting brackets as well as some heat transfer goop (designed for sub-zero temps) and a insulation matting.
The cooler itself is nothing out of the ordinary. A simple water cooling block sits atop the peltier element that is connected to a large cold block. This cold block then sits on your GPU and reduces core temps greatly. Water passes through the water block and keeps the peltier cool, thus removing heat without making your case as hot as hell.
The Cold Block
The cold block is a large copper block that connects to the cold side of the peltier element. When the element goes cold, the copper block absorbs the cold energy and transfers it across the block. This block is then seated onto the GPU of your video card. The block itself is mirror polished and totally smooth, no sanding required.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook rolls out Halloween themed masks in Live videos
- Just in time for Halloween: NASA discovers pumpkin stars
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- Booting Problem
- AsRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ DDR3 no POST.
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications