First off we take a look at the packaging. Swiftech have just slapped this cooler into an ordinary cardboard box with a sticker on the front. Being a cooler it doesn't need that fancy packaging that needs to catch the eye. When you open the box and unpack you see there is all you need for setting up and getting going.
Inside the box you get the cooler, installation instructions, hose barbs, Radeon mounting kit (for 9500 and 9700 using FC-BGA core, Nvidia / Kyro / Radeon 8xxx and 9000 mounting brackets as well as some heat transfer goop (designed for sub-zero temps) and a insulation matting.
The cooler itself is nothing out of the ordinary. A simple water cooling block sits atop the peltier element that is connected to a large cold block. This cold block then sits on your GPU and reduces core temps greatly. Water passes through the water block and keeps the peltier cool, thus removing heat without making your case as hot as hell.
The Cold Block
The cold block is a large copper block that connects to the cold side of the peltier element. When the element goes cold, the copper block absorbs the cold energy and transfers it across the block. This block is then seated onto the GPU of your video card. The block itself is mirror polished and totally smooth, no sanding required.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017