First off we take a look at the packaging. Swiftech have just slapped this cooler into an ordinary cardboard box with a sticker on the front. Being a cooler it doesn't need that fancy packaging that needs to catch the eye. When you open the box and unpack you see there is all you need for setting up and getting going.
Inside the box you get the cooler, installation instructions, hose barbs, Radeon mounting kit (for 9500 and 9700 using FC-BGA core, Nvidia / Kyro / Radeon 8xxx and 9000 mounting brackets as well as some heat transfer goop (designed for sub-zero temps) and a insulation matting.
The cooler itself is nothing out of the ordinary. A simple water cooling block sits atop the peltier element that is connected to a large cold block. This cold block then sits on your GPU and reduces core temps greatly. Water passes through the water block and keeps the peltier cool, thus removing heat without making your case as hot as hell.
The Cold Block
The cold block is a large copper block that connects to the cold side of the peltier element. When the element goes cold, the copper block absorbs the cold energy and transfers it across the block. This block is then seated onto the GPU of your video card. The block itself is mirror polished and totally smooth, no sanding required.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Report: Apple to launch 4K 21.5-inch iMac next week
- HP releasing Star Wars Special Edition notebook
- GeForce drivers, SLI profile prepare you for Battlefront beta
- Google wants to improve mobile web performance
- HP's 4K FreeSync monitor 'Envy' revealed
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio