As we move into a new month, we're making some changes to our testbed and benchmark line-up. We won't get too much into it as everything is really shown above and in the coming pages. Instead we'll just get into the overclocking side of things on our ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Getting into the BIOS, we expected big things again from ASUS and as usual, the company didn't disappoint. We ended up pushing our multiplier up to x53 and base clock to 101.5.
As you can see from above, this resulted in our CPU coming in at 5381MHz or 5.38GHz as listed in our graphs. This is a strong overclock and should yield some strong performance over the stock 3.4GHz clock that's present on the 2600k.
Due to the new line-up when it comes to the hardware we're using today and the benchmarks, we're only comparing the ASUS board against itself in both stock and overclocked form. We already have a good idea of how the Z68 chipset goes against other chipsets and motherboards, so it wasn't really worth worrying too much about retesting them again today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New leak confirms Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 design
- SAPPHIRE announces 'Mining Edition' Radeon RX cards
- Huawei Honor 9 is now available in Europe
- Vivo first with fingerprint sensor under mobile display
- AMD Vega-based Radeon Pro WX 9100 spotted with 16GB HBM2
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller