As we move into a new month, we're making some changes to our testbed and benchmark line-up. We won't get too much into it as everything is really shown above and in the coming pages. Instead we'll just get into the overclocking side of things on our ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Getting into the BIOS, we expected big things again from ASUS and as usual, the company didn't disappoint. We ended up pushing our multiplier up to x53 and base clock to 101.5.
As you can see from above, this resulted in our CPU coming in at 5381MHz or 5.38GHz as listed in our graphs. This is a strong overclock and should yield some strong performance over the stock 3.4GHz clock that's present on the 2600k.
Due to the new line-up when it comes to the hardware we're using today and the benchmarks, we're only comparing the ASUS board against itself in both stock and overclocked form. We already have a good idea of how the Z68 chipset goes against other chipsets and motherboards, so it wasn't really worth worrying too much about retesting them again today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Nintendo Switch battery lasts 5 hours at max brightness
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity