The Video Card
This particular version of the Ti4200-8x card is designed for those who want workable performance at a minimal cost. It doesn't have any of the bells and whistles that some of the other models have, but then it really doesn't need them. As long as you don't have to output to a LCD type monitor, then this one should work fine for most needs.
If you look at the card, you'll see that there are few differences between it and the original Ti4200 model. This is because the main differences are hidden away. The Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) is a newer revision that takes advantage of the new 8x AGP standard and the memory is a bit faster. Beyond these changes, the main construction is the same as older models.
As I stated above, this is a budget model. Your ports are limited to a standard 15-pin CRT output and the S-Video port. Since I will be using a trusty CRT for my display, this works just fine. Nothing wasted here.
You'll notice that Prolink has taken a solid stand against heat buildup. The heatsink on this thing is huge! It covers the GPU and all memory modules on the front of the board. It also adds a new look that will do very well in a windowed case. Having good performance is important, but with case modding becoming so prominent it never hurts to look good too.
And just to make sure that the backside of the board doesn't get too hot, we also see some heatsinks placed on the memory modules here as well. There is no active cooling on this side of the card, but since this area will be in the vicinity of the processor HSF, there will generally be moving airflow in this area.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog