Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
I ran the testing in all three fan modes, although I labelled them low, medium and high fan settings - I think it's easy to follow. With the fans at the low noise setting the H80 was impressive as it climbed right up to the top third of the list. The balanced setting (medium) took the H80 into the top six. Once I set it for high performance the H80 rose to the third slot of any cooling I have tested!
With the system running at full load, the results are just as impressive. At low noise, the H80 does a fairly good job. Once you raise the fan speeds, the H80 not only rises to the ranks of the best cooler of this type to be tested by me, but it only got beat out by a custom water cooling system as it passes the already impressive HAVIK 140!
For the idle results, I used the Low Noise setting on the unit and got my results. The 45 dB rating is good, but as you could see, the results were not as impressive in this state, so let's get a look at the next chart to see how loud this unit is as most of us will use it.
In the balanced mode the H80 comes in more on average, and the 64 dB rating is more what I expected. Once I set the cooler into high performance mode, the noise levels really get up there producing all that CFM and static pressure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99