Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
I ran the testing in all three fan modes, although I labelled them low, medium and high fan settings - I think it's easy to follow. With the fans at the low noise setting the H80 was impressive as it climbed right up to the top third of the list. The balanced setting (medium) took the H80 into the top six. Once I set it for high performance the H80 rose to the third slot of any cooling I have tested!
With the system running at full load, the results are just as impressive. At low noise, the H80 does a fairly good job. Once you raise the fan speeds, the H80 not only rises to the ranks of the best cooler of this type to be tested by me, but it only got beat out by a custom water cooling system as it passes the already impressive HAVIK 140!
For the idle results, I used the Low Noise setting on the unit and got my results. The 45 dB rating is good, but as you could see, the results were not as impressive in this state, so let's get a look at the next chart to see how loud this unit is as most of us will use it.
In the balanced mode the H80 comes in more on average, and the 64 dB rating is more what I expected. Once I set the cooler into high performance mode, the noise levels really get up there producing all that CFM and static pressure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse