Test System & Test Results
Testing was done in a spare computer I have in the room. Things were housed in a Corsair 600T SE and the door was on during any testing and reading of the temperatures. The room itself was kept at 25°C for the duration. To test the cards I used EVGA OC tool with a Furmark-like OpenGL 4.0 program to test things. The card is controlled with MSI Afterburner for the overclocking and overvolting parts of the testing.
The testing is run for thirty minutes and temperature information is gathered from Afterburner for all the test results. In order to attain the idle temperatures, things were allowed to cool down and a reset was done and an additional ten minutes was waited to allow for the best possible results.
This is some terminology that will help with the reading of these charts.
Stock: GTX 470 with 608/837/1215 clocks and voltage of 1.00V
Overclocked: GTX 470 with clocks raised to 775/950/1550 and voltage raised to 1.050V for stability.
Silent Mode: For testing I connected the Fan mate 2 and Silent mode refers to this attached and the dial set at its lowest setting.
Normal Mode: Again, this is with the Fan Mate 2 connected. This time the Normal Mode refers to the dial turned to the right as far as it goes to allow the fans to run at full power.
Since the VF3000F can't attach directly to the card, nor was there an adapter provided, there is little sense in doing any fan profile changing in Afterburner as we usually do. With my BIOS limitations on the system fan headers, I had no other choice but to use the Fan Mate 2 to adjust things. So on with the testing we go!
You can see by my results the fans speed can make temperatures plus or minus three degrees. If you want complete silence, the Silent Mode certainly offers silence, but even at idle there is a slight cost to getting that silence. If you can stand a mild hum, turn the fans to full speed. Even at 3000 RPM, these fans really aren't loud enough to be of any real concern.
When I started to run through the testing, I was shocked to see the results I was getting. I realize that the Accelero XP II has a lot more surface area and that the triple fans help, and even that the five pipes going all the way through the cooler can help too, but wow, just wow!
With the fans steaming along, the results aren't all that bad on either the stock clock or the overclocked tests. With the fan in Silent Mode, I was not all that put off by the seventy-one degrees with stock clocks, but the fact that it breaks eighty degrees once overclocked makes me want to keep looking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System &Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- G.Skill to host OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex
- Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser dethrones 'Force Awakens' views
- Rocket League adds cross-play between Xbox One, PC
- AT&T begins enforcing broadband caps, offers $30 waiver option
- Revolutionize your drive with the Automatic Connected Car Adapter
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs