Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The VF3000F I am about to test is specifically for the GTX 465 and GTX 470 only. There are versions for other cards. There is the VF3000A or the red version, the N or black version, and then there are two other green coolers like the one we are going to see, for other NVIDIA series GPUs. Be sure you pick up the right model for your specific GPU! - Since I mentioned color, the part I am speaking about is the metal shroud that holds the pair of 92mm fans. While the fans are capable of up to 3000 RPM and 33 DBA of noise at maximum settings, the fans should not only be able to handle the workload, but with the combination of green LEDs in the fans and the etched Zalman logo and green paint that matches the LEDs is always a good looking start. Zalman also includes the Fan Mate 2 for finite control of the fans from a Silent Mode, to the fans running at full speed, or Normal Mode.
That pair of fans has the job of cooling 239mm in length and 98mm in width worth of aluminum fins. The top of all of these fins are flat under the shroud. In fact, they are actually cut in the top to allow for the fan tray to snap in flush; more on that later. These fins are slit up into three groups. There are two wider groups of fins with the most surface area on both sides of a smaller group in the middle that is cut to allow the five 6mm heat pipes to bend out of the copper base and make their way through all these fins. Combined, the fans, shroud and cooler body, the VF3000F weighs in at 430 grams, and once you add the aluminum cooling plate contained in this kit, the weight goes up slightly.
The Zalman VF3000 has been available in its many forms for quite a while now. Taking the time to do a quick Google search, it shows that the VF3000F for the GTX 470 / 465 can be located at fourteen e-tailers right now. Some of these are lesser known, but the pricing is almost too good to be true, so I will go by two more reputable prices I am seeing. The better deal can be had via Amazon.com for $69.99, while the place I always tend to do my shopping has a minor bump in pricing. I am speaking about Newegg.com's listing at $74.99.
Either way you go, and no matter the model, this test on the GTX 470 should show the worst case scenario, and if this cooler can keep my card tamed, it should have no issues doing the same for yours, if not better depending on the heat output of your GPU design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System &Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives