Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The VF3000F I am about to test is specifically for the GTX 465 and GTX 470 only. There are versions for other cards. There is the VF3000A or the red version, the N or black version, and then there are two other green coolers like the one we are going to see, for other NVIDIA series GPUs. Be sure you pick up the right model for your specific GPU! - Since I mentioned color, the part I am speaking about is the metal shroud that holds the pair of 92mm fans. While the fans are capable of up to 3000 RPM and 33 DBA of noise at maximum settings, the fans should not only be able to handle the workload, but with the combination of green LEDs in the fans and the etched Zalman logo and green paint that matches the LEDs is always a good looking start. Zalman also includes the Fan Mate 2 for finite control of the fans from a Silent Mode, to the fans running at full speed, or Normal Mode.
That pair of fans has the job of cooling 239mm in length and 98mm in width worth of aluminum fins. The top of all of these fins are flat under the shroud. In fact, they are actually cut in the top to allow for the fan tray to snap in flush; more on that later. These fins are slit up into three groups. There are two wider groups of fins with the most surface area on both sides of a smaller group in the middle that is cut to allow the five 6mm heat pipes to bend out of the copper base and make their way through all these fins. Combined, the fans, shroud and cooler body, the VF3000F weighs in at 430 grams, and once you add the aluminum cooling plate contained in this kit, the weight goes up slightly.
The Zalman VF3000 has been available in its many forms for quite a while now. Taking the time to do a quick Google search, it shows that the VF3000F for the GTX 470 / 465 can be located at fourteen e-tailers right now. Some of these are lesser known, but the pricing is almost too good to be true, so I will go by two more reputable prices I am seeing. The better deal can be had via Amazon.com for $69.99, while the place I always tend to do my shopping has a minor bump in pricing. I am speaking about Newegg.com's listing at $74.99.
Either way you go, and no matter the model, this test on the GTX 470 should show the worst case scenario, and if this cooler can keep my card tamed, it should have no issues doing the same for yours, if not better depending on the heat output of your GPU design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System &Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand