To be quite honest with you, the last time I used Zalman products to cool my graphics cards was back when it was the hip thing to turn the mundane X800GTO into the X850XTPE. Back then coolers were much smaller, but even so, Zalman seemed to be ahead of the game as far as what coolers offered the best bang for the buck. This is back when taking a VF700, or for a little more money, you could get the VF900 and really open the cards up in overclocking and overvolting potential. Heck, I even stripped my VF900 off the X800 and moved it over to my X1950PRO and it was more than capable for that card as well.
As you can see, I missed the usage of quite a few of Zalman's coolers since then. Since, they have released coolers like the VFN100 and the VF1000 coolers that likely were the beginnings of this new samples life. Now Zalman has also kept within the same idea as the VF700 and VF900 coolers, and they evolved into coolers like the VF950 and VF2000. As with any manufacturer, they have to start somewhere and build from there. From what I can remember with the coolers that helped make Zalman the company it is today, they were top notch for the money that was required.
If you went and checked the coolers I had just mentioned, you can see that Zalman offers essentially two styles of coolers. There are the round and compact coolers and then there are the long rectangular style. The cooler we are about to get up close and personal with follows the lines of the longer rectangular cooler, but unlike the older versions which came with either one fan or no fan at all, this newer version is actively cooled with a pair of fans. This is why Zalman named this new VGA cooler the "VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler". Memories are one thing and mine of Zalman are good, but let's snap back to reality and get the VF300F mounted to the GTX 470 so we can see just how well it does!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System &Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- Modern Warfare Remastered: maps, dedicated servers and more
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched