So far it seems that we have a small device that will handle the load of our needs and still look pretty good sitting in our case. But what if you just don't like the color of the front panel?
As you can see, this won't be a problem either. The kit you receive comes complete with three front panels. You choose which one you like the best and go for the gusto. Or if you like to change things up occasionally, you can switch between the colored panels with ease. Since they are just held in place with hex-headed screws, just remove these and change out the faceplate. Vantec has even included an allen wrench so that you can do this anytime you want. Nice touch!
Overall it looks as though Vantec has succeeded in their goals. They have provided a means to get I/O access to the front of the case, have made it look good in the process, and have also added in some other good tools that will certainly come in useful. While LCD displays are becoming more common all the time, the ability to control the fan speeds of the HSF is a huge plus to the enthusiast looking for a means to quiet the beast down to a more acceptable level.
Of course, the short power cable can be a hassle, and having to thread the shielded cables through the back of the case to hook to existing ports is a pain, but still a good effort and a product that shows some definite promise.
Bottom line...If you have been looking for the means to connect some of those peripherals into the front side of the case but don't want to make the whole thing look tacky, then you may have just found what you've been searching for. The functionality of this device is very high and it still manages to look good while doing it.
Front I/O ports
Fan speed control
Multiple thermal probes
Short power lead
Can't hook I/O ports directly to mainboard
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Nexus Panel - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Nexus Panel - Page 2 [Multi-function Panel?]
- Nexus Panel - Page 3 [Installation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance