You'll probably want to connect all of the cabling before you install the unit itself into your case. This will make things considerably easier since it is a short device to begin with. As we take a closer look at this unit, we can see that there are distinctly marked places for all the connections. This will make sure that everything works just as it should.
All connections are made by simply plugging in the proper wiring to the appropriate point on the back of the panel. Here is what we have to work with:
Since everything is properly marked, there should be no problems in getting it right the first time. Once you have the wiring installed to the back of the panel, simply feed it through the opening where the unit will be installed into the case and then secure it like you would a normal optical drive.
Vantec has kindly put in a total of four mounting holes on each side so there should be no problems with installing it into any case made. Even if you use a rail system for mounting optical drives, the panel will still work as it was designed to.
About the only complaint I have in the installation of this unit is the very short power lead that goes to the panel. While the idea of working off a standard 4-pin Molex connector is very workable, it can be tough to get large hands into the drive bay to get this connection made. All other connections for the unit have long tails that go to other places within the case, but the power is just a small pigtail type cable and can be tough to reach.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Nexus Panel - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Nexus Panel - Page 2 [Multi-function Panel?]
- Nexus Panel - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV on PC to get mod support
- Elon Musk reveals SpaceX's official spacesuit
- Anno 1800 is Blue Byte's new game
- The most anticipated phone of the year is here - Note8
- Xbox owners can pre-download Xbox One X 4K textures
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience