Installation and Finished Product Continued
Here is the card with all the heat sinks in place, ready to install the cooler to the card. Or so I thought!
Here was the issue I ran into. While the cooler comes with a new back plate and hardware for it, the way this all works is that the new VR003 plate is supposed to use the same hardware for this. On the original cooler, the screws were the same size, as the mounting plates were very similar at that time. I would just like to point out to make sure you get a kit with screws, and I hope AC reads this and adds them to the kits for future buyers.
Just so you can see what I mean, the screw on the left is hardware I had on hand that fit the new mounting plate. The screw on the right is what the kit is shipped with to use with the new hardware.
With the found hardware installed, I am now able to continue with showing you just how much the AC AXP II dwarfs this GTX 470.
As it will be installed in a case, the cooler is going to need 288mm of room no matter the length of the card. The bit of flex on the right side of the card isn't due to mounting pressure, but rather the weight of the PCB itself.
As you saw in the last image and here as well, the cooler clears the heat sinks with quite a bit of room to spare. As you can see, my dual slot bracket is suspended off the floor because this is a full 3 slots of cooler.
Just to impress the fact that this is a 3 slot cooler, I thought I would show the end of the card I was speaking of before.
Here is a top view of the card and cooler installed in the 600T SE for testing...
...and a look from the bottom just to make sure I covered all the angles.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 8 [Testing and Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Creative teams with Twitch on level up race in WoW
- Nintendo NX prototype was a tablet and docking station
- CD Projekt RED now worth over $1 billion
- Choose a side in our 'Captain America' Blu-ray giveaway
- UK retailer offers HTC Vive headset on monthly payments
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 memory question?
- were is the 1394 label
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- HyperX introduces new ALLOY gaming keyboard
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop