Installation and Finished Product Continued
Here is the card with all the heat sinks in place, ready to install the cooler to the card. Or so I thought!
Here was the issue I ran into. While the cooler comes with a new back plate and hardware for it, the way this all works is that the new VR003 plate is supposed to use the same hardware for this. On the original cooler, the screws were the same size, as the mounting plates were very similar at that time. I would just like to point out to make sure you get a kit with screws, and I hope AC reads this and adds them to the kits for future buyers.
Just so you can see what I mean, the screw on the left is hardware I had on hand that fit the new mounting plate. The screw on the right is what the kit is shipped with to use with the new hardware.
With the found hardware installed, I am now able to continue with showing you just how much the AC AXP II dwarfs this GTX 470.
As it will be installed in a case, the cooler is going to need 288mm of room no matter the length of the card. The bit of flex on the right side of the card isn't due to mounting pressure, but rather the weight of the PCB itself.
As you saw in the last image and here as well, the cooler clears the heat sinks with quite a bit of room to spare. As you can see, my dual slot bracket is suspended off the floor because this is a full 3 slots of cooler.
Just to impress the fact that this is a 3 slot cooler, I thought I would show the end of the card I was speaking of before.
Here is a top view of the card and cooler installed in the 600T SE for testing...
...and a look from the bottom just to make sure I covered all the angles.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 8 [Testing and Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications