The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II VGA Cooler
Getting the Xtreme Plus II out of the box, you notice there isn't much of a change either, at least not yet. It keeps the copper plate with five 6mm heat pipes, but the smaller set of fins got some of the eighteen fins trimmed in this model. The larger side uses sixty-six aluminum fins, and if you look closely, the mounting plate has changed.
The trio of 92mm fans does a good job of keeping airflow over a good percentage of the cooler, and adds air flow to the entire PCB as it passes through the cooler. This shroud and fan assembly is removable for cleaning as well.
The heat pipes are very cleanly finished on the end of the cooler. That along with the way the fan assembly envelops the top of the fins makes for an attractive cooler from any angle.
Getting in a little closer, I can show the gentle bends of the heat pipes as they turn out of the base and make their way to the fins. You can just see that these pipes are soldered into the base, while the fins are pressed over them.
The termination of the heat pipes on the longer side of the cooler is a little different, as at this end they are much longer. With this case being furthest from the slot, only in smaller cases with the length of this matter. The shroud does stick out even with the pipes, so an accidental bump while installing this shouldn't case any issues.
The copper base has MX-4 pre-applied, but that will soon be removed and replaced for imaging and testing. The thing to note here is the new mounting plate with covering 51mm, 53.2mm, and 58.4mm mounting. This time there are only two optional kits, whereas the original had three.
Removing the paste, I added the USB adapter to give you an idea of the finish. It isn't shiny by any means, but does have some reflectivity in the surfacing that was done. Against a razor blade, the base is flat as can be; only deflecting a little near the corners.
I removed the shroud and move out a bit to give you a good look at the thick aluminum center cooler, and the massive amount of fins to keep even the hottest graphics cards under control.
I thought a look at it from the top may be as equally important to see without the fans.
The 92mm Swiss Designed fans are all wired tightly within the shroud and will keep them out of the way and free from any damage when you remove the shroud. The rainbow colored power lead for these fans is over 11" long and should give you ample room for any means of power.
To remove the shroud, flip the cooler over and look for these tabs. They are pretty strong, but still plastic. While they take a bit of force to let loose, be careful as not to break these off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 8 [Testing and Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio