Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II is no small cooler. It is 28mm long, 103mm wide and 50mm tall, making this a triple slot cooling solution. With the fans the cooler weighs in at 0.9kg; that's almost two pounds! Anyways, in the cooler you will get five 6mm heat pipes that are soldered into the copper base and exit the base on two sides. There is a shorter side and a much longer side that holds the 0.3mm thick fins, of which there are eighty-three in total. There is a slight change to the fin shape and I believe this new cut away is to allow easier access to the clips on the GPU power leads, as with the original, it was tough to unlock the clips. With all this metal, even with the removed section, it allows the AXP II to be able to handle up to 250W of GPU overclocking!
To cool the new version, AC uses the same triple 92mm fan configuration and the shroud stays the same as well. I have a feeling that the shroud is slightly less in a few dimensions that allows for the 6mm in height dropped over the original, and the 2mm in length. Aside from this, it looks much the same. These fans will run at 12V or 7V with the use of an adapter that takes the 3-pin connection from the fans and uses a Molex adapter to allow for 12V functionality. At this voltage the fans are capable of 2000RPM each and 81 CFM combined air flow. These fans also spin on a hydro dynamic bearing which should extend their life expectancy and make them able to run at near silent levels.
Availability is somewhat limited as I type this out and I only see seven places to obtain this cooler on this side of the pond. Pricing is where I would have expected it and Mwave is dead even with Newegg.com's pricing of $79.99, but they are out of stock, so off to Mwave you go! - Since the pricing is pretty fair compared to other enthusiast air cooling solutions as it sits, this isn't too bad of a deal. For those whose cards are compatible, but need the use of a VR00X kit for installation, you will need to invest another $14.95 for the mounting plate and specific heat sink kits. While that isn't so bad in itself, take a look at the installation process, there is something to be very aware of. So on with it I say and let's see what works and what didn't with the newly released Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 8 [Testing and Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20