Looking at the card, you can of course see we're dealing with quite a large one here with a massive heatsink/fan setup. PowerColor have opted for two fans and you can see the one on the left is slightly larger than the one on the right.
The other big stand out for the card is the massive copper heatpipe setup that is going on. You can see it running across the top and bottom of the card and it really makes for a mean looking card, which is something we always love.
Moving our way around the card, you can see in the back corner we've got two power connectors. It comes as no surprise that the connection requirement is a little bigger than your standard HD 6870 with two 8-Pin connectors present. Looking back at the bundle, you can see that PowerColor included two 6-Pin to 8-Pin convertors, so if you don't have 8-Pin connectors, you're not going to be running into any problems.
Moving to the front of the card, you can see we've got a single CrossFire connector. Being a Dual GPU card of course means that only two can be supported in CrossFire, giving us a maximum of four GPUs when running CrossFireX.
Connectivity isn't unusual, but it is strong. We can see that PowerColor has opted for two DVI connectors, a single HDMI port and two mini DP ports. This setup allows the card to run up to four monitors in Eyefinity.
Looking at the HD 6870x2 out of the box, it comes as no surprise that PowerColor have opted for just stock clocks which means we've got 900MHz on the core and 4200MHz QDR on the 2GB of GDDR5 memory. Because of the default clock speeds, we figured you're not going to be looking at much more than two HD 6870s running at stock speeds. So for that reason, we decided to overclock the card and see what we could do.
Bumping our voltage up to 1.299v on the cores, we ended up with a core clock of 1000MHz, while our 2GB of GDDR5 ended up coming in at 5GHz QDR. This is a strong overclock and we should see some really good performance from the card. It will be interesting to see how we go in our benchmarks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card & Specification]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Voice dictation coming to Apple TV
- New Fallout 4 1.3 update improves draw distance on PS4, Xbox One
- Surprise! Final Fantasy IX available on iOS and Android right now
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance