MSI has put together the kind of board you'd want if you find yourself interested in the Llano platform, but would prefer to see an mATX board instead of the larger ATX boards we've been looking at since launch. The other good news is that MSI continue that same good look that we've seen on their more expensive boards. While a lot of the time you might not see what's going on inside a mATX case, it's none the less nice to know that you've got a good looking motherboard underneath.
From a cons perspective, the only thing that really stood out at me was the BIOS which doesn't use that graphical interface we've seen from MSI in the past on their Z68 motherboards. We've still got a UEFI BIOS on offer; it just doesn't have that friendly entry screen. Apart from that, the BIOS itself is fantastic and gives us an absolute bucket load of options that really helped us achieve some strong performance out of our A8-3650.
As for the price, at $109.99 US it's right on the money and falls in where you'd expect it to. The inclusion of the USB 3.0 header is also a nice bonus as we've seen most companies opt to leave it out. Considering that the A75 chipset natively supports USB 3.0, the addition is nice and means you can make the most out of the technology by having four ports on offer out of the box instead of two.
In the end MSI have been able to put together a really good A75 motherboard that's a fantastic option for people who want an mATX sized board. With plenty of features, a nice bundle and overall strong performance, there's not much more that you could ask for from the A75MA-G55.
If you find yourself entrenched by the new Llano platform from AMD because of the performance it offers and the price point it comes in at, the A75MA-G55 is a great option. Even if you do have room for an ATX sized board, the decision to go mATX can also help save a few dollars, and in our books, that's always a good thing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications