Looking at the card, you can see the massive DirectCU II cooler that is present on the card and you can of course see those two big fans that take up the majority of the card. Under those two fans you can see the massive heatsink that covers the whole card; hopefully the combination of both the fans and the heatsink make for another strong DirectCU II cooler.
Taking a look around the card, we can see across the top we've got two 8-Pin PCI-E power connectors towards the back. This is a little different to reference HD 6970s which sees only a single 8-Pin and 6-Pin PCI-E connector. Continuing across the top of the card and moving to the front, we've got our two CrossFire connectors.
Checking out the connectivity is where we see the card really stand out from the competition. For starters, it's here we see the massive triple slot setup in all its glory. The good news is that ASUS really take advantage of the extra room that's on offer here. Across the top you can see we've got a vent that takes up a whole slot and helps make sure that hot air can move outside the case. Below that we've got two DVI connectors and below that is probably my favorite part, the inclusion of four DisplayPort connectors.
As someone who uses three U2711 monitors, it annoys me that the maximum I can have hooked up via DisplayPort is two and one still has to be plugged in via DVI. The fact that I could plug all three of my U2711s on this card via DP makes it an extremely attractive option.
Looking at the specification side of things, not much is going on. The core has been bumped up 10MHz too 890MHz. It's a bit of a weird overclock considering the size of the cooler that's present, but ASUS don't really advertise it as an overclocked card, so we're not really bothered.
As for the 2GB of GDDR5, that comes in at the stock 5500MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card & Specification]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.