The Corsair Force 3 120GB
The Corsair Force GT is red! In many of the press images we've seen the enclosure looks like it's anodized like the Patriot Inferno last year, but the casing is painted or powder coated instead. The finish is pretty good, but not as nice as an anodized drive. From two feet away you really can't tell the difference, though.
There isn't much happening on the back of the drive. Here we see the under mount locations and I can report they are there and placed where they should be.
The side mounting points are also where they should be.
On the back of the drive we see the SATA power and data connectors. The desktop adapter bracket keeps everything in line, so you won't have any issues installing the drive in your system, be it a desktop or notebook without the bracket.
I was really expecting to find Toshiba Toggle Flash in the Force GT, but as we see here, Corsair choose to run with IMFT 25nm synchronous flash. There are sixteen flash chips in all - eight on each side and a single SandForce SF-2281 controller on this side.
The Force GT has several surface mount components, so you're getting your money's worth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Corsair Force GT 120GB]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple delays AirPods, says they 'aren't ready'
- Windows 10 Creators Update is all about AR and VR
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software