When it comes to the testbed side of things, there's nothing new going on and instead we'll just get into the overclocking side of things and the issues I had with the board. For starters, our 2133MHz G.Skill Ripjaws-X kit would not only not run at 2133MHz DDR, but it wouldn't run at 1866MHz DDR at default timings either. The only way we got the RAM running stable was by making the timings a little more looser on the kit while pushing the voltage up to nearly 1.7v.
Now that we were past the load screen and in Windows, we ran into a new set of problems with our system giving us a BSOD in a number of applications under load. The only way to fix this was by upping the voltage on the CPU in the BIOS. Once that was done, we had our system running well.
When it came to the overclocking side of things, I didn't expect too much since we were already running into horrible luck with this board. I figured I'd try for a 50x multiplier which would result in a 5GHz clock at 1.5v. Much to my surprise, we got a post and we ended up in Windows.
Unfortunately even more so to my surprise was that once in Windows the multiplier was only running at 43x, resulting in an overclock of 4.3GHz. With all the problems I had running the system, I didn't even end up taking a CPU-Z validation as it just completely slipped my mind.
Heading back into the BIOS to make sure I set the multiplier correctly, I moved it around a bit and no matter what, we still ended up at 4.3GHz. It wasn't a matter of the system not being capable of doing more than that, but it just wouldn't let us do more than that. With the voltage cranked higher than we'd like, considering we're only at 4.3GHz we proceeded to run our benchmarks anyway to see how we went.
Let's get started!