When it comes to the comparison side of things, we'll be checking out our Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 against the GIGABYTE A75-UD4H, ASUS F1A75-V Pro and ASUS M5A99X EVO which uses our 1100T. As for the rest of the testbed equipment, there's no real changes, so let's get stuck into the overclock side of things now.
The first thing I have to say is what a nightmare this board was the first time I tried to up the RAM speed to 1866MHz DDR. We had this board a good 10 days before release, though, and it was obvious the BIOS we were using wasn't the greatest. Just a day later Sapphire hooked us up with a new BIOS and .my god ..what a simple BIOS update can do.
Since the launch of the A75 platform our boards out of the box have been horrible with memory. A BIOS or two later, though, before the board launches and everything lines up as it should. It seems that a lot of companies ran into the same problem. Sapphire being new to the game still, I didn't expect a lot from them. Well, after the BIOS update, I just felt bad.
We ended up getting our A8-3850 to 3.625GHz as you can see above, while managing to use the 1866MHz memory divider that brought our RAM in at an even 2000MHz DDR.
With some strong overclocking performance, let's see how the board goes.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook