When it comes to the comparison side of things, we'll be checking out our Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 against the GIGABYTE A75-UD4H, ASUS F1A75-V Pro and ASUS M5A99X EVO which uses our 1100T. As for the rest of the testbed equipment, there's no real changes, so let's get stuck into the overclock side of things now.
The first thing I have to say is what a nightmare this board was the first time I tried to up the RAM speed to 1866MHz DDR. We had this board a good 10 days before release, though, and it was obvious the BIOS we were using wasn't the greatest. Just a day later Sapphire hooked us up with a new BIOS and .my god ..what a simple BIOS update can do.
Since the launch of the A75 platform our boards out of the box have been horrible with memory. A BIOS or two later, though, before the board launches and everything lines up as it should. It seems that a lot of companies ran into the same problem. Sapphire being new to the game still, I didn't expect a lot from them. Well, after the BIOS update, I just felt bad.
We ended up getting our A8-3850 to 3.625GHz as you can see above, while managing to use the 1866MHz memory divider that brought our RAM in at an even 2000MHz DDR.
With some strong overclocking performance, let's see how the board goes.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA is racing to victory
- Vertu launches a $360,000 priced feature phone
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- OnePlus Confirms: OnePlus 3T is being discontinued
- Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017