Looking at the board for the first time, you can see that we've got that black and blue combination we've been seeing a lot from companies. It's a good color scheme and we can understand why companies are using it. It seems to probably be a bit more appropriate for someone like Sapphire, though, who does tend to use a lot of blue.
Starting to move in closer to the board, you can see our expansion slot setup which consists of two PCI-E x1 slots, one PCI-E x4, two legacy PCI slots and a single PCI-E x16.
The biggest surprise would probably be the inclusion of the Mini PCI-E slot. This is something we seem to be seeing a bit more of. You could use something like a TV Tuner or WiFi card. I don't think at the moment it's something you're really going to make use of, but maybe in time. What is appealing about it is the fact you can have a card that takes very little physical room.
Moving away from the expansions and onto the bottom of the board, we've got a speaker on the left. Moving across, we've got a clear CMOS button, reset and power buttons and switch that lets you choose which BIOS to use. Moving more along, we've got a USB 3.0 header, two USB 2.0 headers, fan header and our LED debug reader. Once in Windows, though, this tells you the CPU temperature which I absolutely love. It means that once booted it continues to remain useful and if you've got a window you can easily see your CPU temperature.
Turning the corner, you can see a total of five red SATA ports which all come in as SATA III offering us up to 6 Gbps transfer rates. To the left you can also see our front panel header that sits between our SATA ports and LED debug.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance