Looking at the board, the first thing you notice is of course the small size that is associated with the mATX format. You're able to get a good idea of where everything sits, but let's move in a little bit closer and see just what exactly is going on as we move around the board.
Looking at the bottom corner of the board, you can see we just have three expansion slots; two x16 and a single x4 one. Because there's no NF200 included, when you go for a dual card setup both will run at x8, but as we've seen in previous testing, the x8 x8 Intel setup seems to be stronger than the x16 x16 NF200 setup anyway.
Moving to the bottom of the board, we can see that ASUS have still implemented the popular power and reset button along with the LED debug. One of the first things we see companies drop when they move to the mATX format is these little features and it's great to see they're still present on the ASUS offering. Moving over to the right, you can see we've got some USB 2.0 headers, fan header and our front system panel header.
Turning the corner, you can see we've got a total of six SATA ports here which all run off the Z68 chipset. The four grey ones are SATA II while the two red ones are SATA III which are of course going to be your first choice when it comes to hooking up your hard drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited
- LYRobotix set to release a VR Motion tracking system for mobile gaming
- I Am Setsuna coming to Nintendo Switch on March 3
- 2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 voting event starts
- Garmin announces the Approach G30, adds a small but powerful handheld to its golf GPS offerings