Looking at the board, the first thing you notice is of course the small size that is associated with the mATX format. You're able to get a good idea of where everything sits, but let's move in a little bit closer and see just what exactly is going on as we move around the board.
Looking at the bottom corner of the board, you can see we just have three expansion slots; two x16 and a single x4 one. Because there's no NF200 included, when you go for a dual card setup both will run at x8, but as we've seen in previous testing, the x8 x8 Intel setup seems to be stronger than the x16 x16 NF200 setup anyway.
Moving to the bottom of the board, we can see that ASUS have still implemented the popular power and reset button along with the LED debug. One of the first things we see companies drop when they move to the mATX format is these little features and it's great to see they're still present on the ASUS offering. Moving over to the right, you can see we've got some USB 2.0 headers, fan header and our front system panel header.
Turning the corner, you can see we've got a total of six SATA ports here which all run off the Z68 chipset. The four grey ones are SATA II while the two red ones are SATA III which are of course going to be your first choice when it comes to hooking up your hard drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- GIVEAWAY: ASUS Cerberus V2 Gaming Headset
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4