Unlike most of the other motherboard manufacturers, we see that GIGABYTE have chosen to stick with that older style BIOS design and not opt for the graphical interface that we're seeing from most other companies. It's not a bad thing, because as you go in to the BIOS you find yourself having a good idea of where to go when it comes to overclocking or disabling features.
The big problem at the moment is that a lot of people find themselves unsure what kind of voltages they can use when it comes to overclocking the new platform. As you can see above, we've got a lot of normal voltages like CPU PLL, DDR3 and CPU, but we've also got some new ones like APU VDDP and FCH. No doubt as time goes on, though, people will figure out the best place to sit with these voltages.
As for the rest of the BIOS, there's no real surprises; each section is fairly self-explanatory and if you've used a GIGABYTE Award BIOS over the last few years you should know exactly what's going on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Social media ad spending will hit $50 billion by 2019
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset