It's no surprise that GIGABYTE was about to break world records when it came to IGP based ones. This is a fast board that offers a lot of performance when it comes to overclocking, and while we didn't have as much joy with the memory overclock, we've seen GIGABYTE achieve higher speeds without issue.
The biggest issue when it comes to RAM is that AMD systems just don't play as nicely as Intel ones. The Llano platform has shown some very strong memory overclock capabilities and I think for that reason we'll see more and more memory manufacturers offer us high performance AMD specific kits.
Feature wise the A75-UD4H offers us everything we want, but one of the more stand out features on it would have to be the fact that GIGABYTE have opted for a Dual-Link DVI connector on the back of their board. For a lot of people this might not be a huge issue, but what I like about it is the fact that you could use a 30" monitor with the system and not have a need for an extra video card.
While gaming at 2560 x 1600 is going to be out of the question, the fact that you could build a small, low powered system that doesn't have the need for another separate video card is impressive. From a productive perspective this is great as you can have a high resolution desktop which gives you plenty of room and build a system that's not only inexpensive, but inexpensive to run due to the fact its power draw is so low.
Considering just how strong the A8-3850 can overclock and the amount of power that's on offer from such a middle of the road system, I'd love to see GIGABYTE offer us an all-black PCB model much like the UD5 models and up that we see with their Z68 boards. People could end up making some really mean looking systems that come in at a strong price point and still offer us plenty of power. It would just be nice to have that Black PCB / Gold accent on the heatsink that we see their higher end boards like the UD7 offer.
GIGABYTE has ultimately done a great job with the A75 based motherboard and it manages to show us the overclocking potential that's on offer from the new chipset. Priced at $129.99 US, the board lines up where you'd expect a top of the range A75 board to and in conjunction with an A8-3850 you can have yourself an extremely strong system.
The fact that this platform is able to fill in such a broad range when it comes to computer habits is what makes it so appealing. Home theater PC, basic LAN box, low powered work station and Internet machine to name just a few means that it is so strong for the mass market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand