Inside the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Chassis
The front of the Chaser is easily removable since all the wires run to the I/O and not the bezel. Behind the plastic bezel there is a dust filter over the 200mm intake fan. Also this 200mm fan can be swapped out for a pair of 120mm fan with the holes provided.
Once the door panels are removed we can see that the hardware gets shipped in the box lying on the floor. It was originally strapped to the cases, but in transit it broke free. While the hardware didn't cause any damage, as I looked around I thought to myself, "Where are the wires?"
Up front there are more splashes of that light blue on the four optical drive tool-free latches and all six trays of the hard drive rack are molded from the same color plastic. In front of the hard drives is the 200mm intake fan.
The motherboard tray has all the wire management you need, and the risers come installed for an ATX motherboard out of the box. There is a very large CPU access hole and a cut out to allow wires like the 8-pin EPS to get to the top of the case, behind the tray.
Inside the rear of the chassis there is a 120mm TurboFan installed above the eight ventilated slots that use thumbscrews to mount expansion cards.
The floor of the chassis not only offers a spot for a 120mm fan on the right side, on the floor this case comes with a PSU support bracket that is adjustable for any PSU length.
Behind the tray we finally see all of the wiring for the chassis neatly tucked in behind the hard drive bays. There is a ton of room behind the tray for all your wiring and the doors on this chassis open and close like a car door, so it will help you push any stray wires in, versus fighting a slide on style door.
As you can see, all of the wiring included with the Chaser MK-1 not only make it to the bottom of the chassis, there is still about nine more inches of length to make sure all the connections will make it onto any motherboard. Those not used to the blue plug staring right at you, this is for motherboards with USB 3.0 connectivity in pin form.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni