Inside The Silverstone SST-PS06B-W Mid Tower Case
With the panels off the chassis we get to peek in the inside of the chassis. Here are all the power, reset, HDD activity, and LED power wires along with the USB 3.0cable and HD Audio lines are all tied to keep them from scratching the window. The hardware can be found in the blue bag tied to the drive rack, but the book is packed outside the case.
Down the front there are five usable 5.25" drive bays, all with tool-free latches. The sixth bay has a 4-pin Molex line and a SATA line coming from the back of the hot swap bay. Under all of this there is still room to house up to four hard drives in the rack at the bottom.
Two thumb screws hold the hard drive rack in place. The whole rack can be removed for easier installation of the drives. The sides of the drive trays are actually pretty cool, the hardware moves to allow you to install drives with the leads on either side of the bays.
The motherboard tray is clearly marked for each compatible motherboard. While moist of the risers are bumps in the tray, a pair or more risers need to be installed to finish the job. Four large wire management holes flank the right and bottom of the tray, and there is a large CPU cooler access hole that also allows for the 8-pin EPS cable.
The back of the chassis provides ventilation and all the ease you need to install you goods. What is notable here is the fan clip installed in the rear of the chassis. While there is no fan, SilverStone adds a clip in, clip out fan holder to make installation quick and easy.
The floor of the chassis has room for a 120mm fan to be installed at the right, but the majority of the space is used by the power supply and the rails for the adjustable PSU brace.
The rear of the chassis has room to the left to hide wires, and a few spots o tie down wires here and there, but there is actually little room behind the tray. If not for the doors opening like car doors getting wiring tidy in here would be a lot tougher.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4