Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Outside the PS06 you will find yourself looking at a mass of black steel and black plastic trim with light blue accents on almost every side. Down the front there are five 5.25" bays with molded covers matching the face of the chassis. Below this is the 120mm intake fan and it is covered by a black mesh panel which houses the SilverStone logo in the middle of it. Down both sides of these there is a blue stripe of color that zigzags down the front in a random fashion, adding a bit of pop! The top of the chassis is also mostly plastic, but offers a large tray area to house USB drives or car keys, the front I/O and a large mesh and plastic cover over the 180mm exhaust fan bolted to the top of the chassis. The left side of this version has a large rectangular window with the main body of the panel being composed of steel painted black. In fact, the whole chassis gets constructed of 0.7mm thick steel before the plastic top and front bezel get added.
Inside and around the back of the chassis there is quite a bit going on. There is room for the five ODD's that I mentioned, but there is also a hot swap bay for 2.5" and 3.5" drives right in the front of the chassis. Under this you will find room for up to four hard drives. The rack these install into is removable from the chassis for easier installation. On top of that, these are special trays. The hardware is movable from one set of holes to the other set. This allows you to install the drives with the wires facing the window (as shipped), or by swapping things around, you can wire it all in the back, as the drives will now install in the opposite direction. The motherboard tray has all the management and access holes one would expect, and even a native pin style connector for the USB 3.0 in the front I/O. It seems SilverStone tried to offer everything they could in this chassis and that is down to details like a multi-positional power supply support and hidden dust filters.
Looking around at the pricing of the PS06 with a window, I am pleased at what I see. While pricing looks terrific, the availability is still a bit low and looking via Google shopping, this is confirmed. Out of the five or six locations, you can find the chassis listed as low as $89.99 or up to $100.91, some with and without shipping charges, and even one with a rebate. An average price amongst the group, Newegg.com's listing of $99.99, is prior to both the rebate and shipping charges. Even with all that said, this looks like a feature rich chassis for the near $100 budget price tag. Let's delve a bit deeper into the chassis and see if SilverStone deserves your Ben Franklin over the rest of the competition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 95 has been installed onto an Apple Watch... because why not
- Battlefield 5: Eastern Front rumors are reportedly fake
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Without the reconstruction tech, Quantum Break looks incredible at 4K
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched