Test System & Test Results
With a 27.5°C ambient temperature, I went about testing the Lenovo with and without the Infinite EVO. To monitor the temperatures I used Core Temp 0.99.7. To stress test I used Prime95 in "blend" mode for the first pass of tests. While I could leave the test to run longer, I find the twenty minutes or so it takes to get through the first seven tests is plenty of time to heat things up.
The idle or "low" temperature is obtained after turning the laptop off and rebooting, waiting ten minutes, and then I open Core Temp. I allow it to sit for just a couple minutes more to settle out at the lowest temperature. I then commence testing with Prime95 and once the first set of testing is complete I took a screen capture to show my results.
With the Lenovo sitting on a flat surface without the cooler in place, CoreTemp reads a 37 degree idle temperature and a 78 degree load temperature. Warm for sure, but not out of reality for higher ambient that come with the summer.
Just to get it out of the way, no, this isn't the same screen shot! As you can see, the cooling aspect of the Infinite EVO is nil for my laptop. I will cover my thoughts on this in the conclusion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- This monster USB hub charges up to 28 devices at once
- League of Legends table top game sets the mood for fun
- Rockstar gets into the Halloween spirit with GTA Online
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications