Optorite have put together a fantastic CD-RW unit for around $100 US (roughly $200 AU) price tag. This puts CD-RW support for your PC within the average user's price range.
Performance wise, the drive is a little slower when accessing CD's than our MSI model, but only just noticeable. Installation was as simple as placing the unit into a free 5.25" rack, screw it into place, connect the IDE cable and turn on the PC. Widows detects the drive automatically and is able to get you access to it within a matter of seconds of boot up. Installing the software for recording was just as easy.
We used a number of makes of CD-R media for compatibility, including Mitsumi, TDK, Kodak, Verbatim and Pioneer - all of which worked flawlessly at 48x.
In conclusion, this unit is for just about anyone looking for a cheap and fast CD-RW unit.
- SMART-BURN Technology
- Low Level of Vibration
- Worked with all 48x compatible media we tested
- 48x media not always available in retail stores (usually in enthusiast stores)
Rating: 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- OptoRite Burner - Page 1 [Introduction]
- OptoRite Burner - Page 2 [Specifications]
- OptoRite Burner - Page 3 [Technology Overview and Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse