Just after the launch of the Z68 chipset, we managed to look at a mATX board from ASRock in the form of the Pro3-M. Priced at $114.99 US, it's a good value board, but with a maximum overclock of less than 5GHz on our 2600k, our hopes for something that could offer a bit more power while sticking to the mATX platform would continue.
Step in the $159.99 US MSI Z68MA-ED5, a board that offers the good looks we saw on its bigger brother, the Z68A-GD80, but in a smaller form factor. So we find ourselves wondering; if we spend a bit more money, can we get a board that aims at performance a bit more than price like the ASRock option did?
Well, that's what we intend to find out today. Before we cover overclocking and performance of the board, though, let's first get stuck into the package to see what MSI is offering. Once that's done we'll start to look around this small mATX board and see just what kind of features are on offer, we'll take a quick dive into the BIOS to see what's going on there and then we'll overclock this sucker and see just what kind of performance we're able to squeeze out of this board.
As far as the box goes, there's nothing too different going on. The front shows us some logos to the main features that the board incorporates, while turning over we get a run down on some of the specific features that MSI are offering us.
Inside we've got the normal kind of stuff like paperwork, driver CD, SATA cables, Molex to SATA power convertor and I/O backplate. Some of the stand out extras, though, would be the M Connectors which make for the easy installation of your main system headers. Alongside that we've also got some little cables that allow us to check the voltage of certain parts of the motherboard. We'll show you where exactly this happens when we take a closer look at the board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- ASUS ZenFone 4 to be premium device with Snapdragon 835
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4