After all tests were complete, I can say that I was fairly impressed with this heatsink. When I saw the aluminum body, I was not expecting this level of cooling from the XDream cooler. It was a pleasant surprise to be wrong in this instance.
Another little piece of information that may make this an even sweeter proposition is the price tag. I found one listed at NewEgg for a paltry US$15! That's right, we're talking cooling potential that in the same ballpark as the mighty Swiftech MCX462+ at a third the price. This makes things look even more interesting, don't you think?
But of course the sink isn't without faults. The clipping mechanism was a big disappointment since it is highly possible that you'll break it in the future. And a fully copper sink would have been nice as well, but the results are still not too shabby.
Bottom line...If you happen to be in the market for a heatsink that gives very workable cooling, adjustable fan speeds that are externally controlled AND happen to be looking for this item for a small amount of cash, then look no further than the Cooler Master HAC-V81 HSF. You certainly won't be disappointed with the temperatures you get, but you might want to save a few dollars for replacement clipping mechanisms.
Excellent cooling prowess
Very smooth base
Adjustable fan speeds
Clip metal is very flimsy
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now