After all tests were complete, I can say that I was fairly impressed with this heatsink. When I saw the aluminum body, I was not expecting this level of cooling from the XDream cooler. It was a pleasant surprise to be wrong in this instance.
Another little piece of information that may make this an even sweeter proposition is the price tag. I found one listed at NewEgg for a paltry US$15! That's right, we're talking cooling potential that in the same ballpark as the mighty Swiftech MCX462+ at a third the price. This makes things look even more interesting, don't you think?
But of course the sink isn't without faults. The clipping mechanism was a big disappointment since it is highly possible that you'll break it in the future. And a fully copper sink would have been nice as well, but the results are still not too shabby.
Bottom line...If you happen to be in the market for a heatsink that gives very workable cooling, adjustable fan speeds that are externally controlled AND happen to be looking for this item for a small amount of cash, then look no further than the Cooler Master HAC-V81 HSF. You certainly won't be disappointed with the temperatures you get, but you might want to save a few dollars for replacement clipping mechanisms.
Excellent cooling prowess
Very smooth base
Adjustable fan speeds
Clip metal is very flimsy
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project Scorpio in playable state, games 'play great'
- 400 million PS4 games, 54.4 million PS4 consoles sold
- ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI products rise in price across China
- Samsung has most of Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 835 chips
- LG's new speakers have Google Home, Multiroom support
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz