Now for what we've been waiting for, cold hard numbers. The tests performed on this cooler will follow my standard guidelines for determining cooling performance on a heatsink. This will consist of measuring the temperature at idle, after a grueling Quake III Deathmatch, and finally after a looping run of the 3DMark2001 Demo. Once these results have been tallied, I'll boost the FSB to 145MHz and run the tests again. While not an aggressive overclock, it will serve to show how well this cooler does under both normal and overclocked conditions. Ambient air temperature is a stable 21C throughout tests and voltages are set at 1.8v for the processor and 2.6v for the memory.
But before we start looking at the results, it might be a good idea to see what the test bed system consists of
Xoxide modified Lian-Li PC60 Case
EPoX 8K9A2 Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ Processor
512MB Crucial PC2700 DDR Memory
nVidia Reference Ti4200
Seagate Barracuda 40GB Hard Drive
Arctic Silver III
Temperature - Idle
Not too shabby so far. We're only about 1.5-2 degrees off the Swiftech monster, but we've only been sitting here idle so far. Lets crank up the heat just a bit now.
Temperature - Quake III Arena
We're still knocking in results that sit just 1.5 degrees off the MCX462+ cooler. This isn't turning out just too badly so far.
Temperature - 3DMark2001 Demo Loop
Another test and another result tally of 1.5 degrees higher than the MCX cooler...again. Though the XDream won't break any records, it is managing to provide us with some very solid results in the cooling department. The consistent results also say that the fan attached to this HSF is working at a very stable pace. Whether running default speeds or overclocked, the cooler is performing its assigned function admirably.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform