The Detailed Look
So far just about everything we've shown you can be found on GT Omega Racing's website. Here we're going to show you details; the good, the bad, the ugly and the outstanding.
I may not have my game theater room complete, but that doesn't mean all this equipment is going to sit around collecting dust. It's not the 9.1 system that's going in, but the 5.1 setup was more than enough to start testing the GT Omega Racing Simulator in a home theater like environment.
In this setup you're not going to need the rear speaker or front display mount. By using your existing living room or home theater, this is a really good way to have your cake and eat it too, as long as you don't mind working at it a bit.
I'd love to say the GT Omega Racing Simulator breaks down into a small package that fits easily in a small closet, but this is about the best you're going to get. Essentially the Simulator is two pieces; the chair side and the wheel side. You can disconnect the two and move the chair forward to get an almost compact package.
You may be wondering why you can't just split the two apart and store them where ever you want. Well, it is easy to split the two, but if you have a shifter you can't get them too far away from each other. The problem comes with screwing the shifter to the seat side of the Simulator. You can't get to the underside of the wheel to disconnect the shifter either if you screwed the wheel down.
The other option is to use a significantly smaller screen with the display mount. Here I tested the GT Omega Racing Simulator with the mount installed and a 32 inch LCD display. What I found was a bit of a surprise; using a small screen closer to your eyes actually made the gaming experience more enjoyable. Included with the display mount is a shelf for your game console, but if you are using a larger screen then the shelf doesn't have room for the console.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni