The Detailed Look
So far just about everything we've shown you can be found on GT Omega Racing's website. Here we're going to show you details; the good, the bad, the ugly and the outstanding.
I may not have my game theater room complete, but that doesn't mean all this equipment is going to sit around collecting dust. It's not the 9.1 system that's going in, but the 5.1 setup was more than enough to start testing the GT Omega Racing Simulator in a home theater like environment.
In this setup you're not going to need the rear speaker or front display mount. By using your existing living room or home theater, this is a really good way to have your cake and eat it too, as long as you don't mind working at it a bit.
I'd love to say the GT Omega Racing Simulator breaks down into a small package that fits easily in a small closet, but this is about the best you're going to get. Essentially the Simulator is two pieces; the chair side and the wheel side. You can disconnect the two and move the chair forward to get an almost compact package.
You may be wondering why you can't just split the two apart and store them where ever you want. Well, it is easy to split the two, but if you have a shifter you can't get them too far away from each other. The problem comes with screwing the shifter to the seat side of the Simulator. You can't get to the underside of the wheel to disconnect the shifter either if you screwed the wheel down.
The other option is to use a significantly smaller screen with the display mount. Here I tested the GT Omega Racing Simulator with the mount installed and a 32 inch LCD display. What I found was a bit of a surprise; using a small screen closer to your eyes actually made the gaming experience more enjoyable. Included with the display mount is a shelf for your game console, but if you are using a larger screen then the shelf doesn't have room for the console.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- PS4 Pro 'turns off half the GPU' to run normal PS4 games
- Escape from Tarkov looks like one of the best games ever
- Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook