Today we'll be comparing the ASUS M5A99X EVO against a number of other AMD boards we've looked at recently. Something worth remembering, though, is that the M5A99X EVO carries the 990X chipset instead of the 990FX chipset. For the most part this doesn't mean a whole lot for people who are using only one video card.
With that out of the way, let's have a look at how we went with overclocking. Using our Phenom II X6 1100T, we ended up pushing our FSB to 240MHz. As you can see below, this brings our final clock speed in just below 4GHz, coming in at 3.97GHz.
This overclock is a little weaker than what we've achieved with the other 990 boards we've looked at. Compared to the Crosshair V Formula, it's around 70MHz less, so not a huge amount. Considering the cooling isn't as hard core as the Crosshair board and overclocking options aren't as high, it's not a surprise that the maximum overclock we achieved is a little lower. It's not much at all, though, and of course we'll be comparing our overclock results to our stock ones today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis