Today we'll be comparing the ASUS M5A99X EVO against a number of other AMD boards we've looked at recently. Something worth remembering, though, is that the M5A99X EVO carries the 990X chipset instead of the 990FX chipset. For the most part this doesn't mean a whole lot for people who are using only one video card.
With that out of the way, let's have a look at how we went with overclocking. Using our Phenom II X6 1100T, we ended up pushing our FSB to 240MHz. As you can see below, this brings our final clock speed in just below 4GHz, coming in at 3.97GHz.
This overclock is a little weaker than what we've achieved with the other 990 boards we've looked at. Compared to the Crosshair V Formula, it's around 70MHz less, so not a huge amount. Considering the cooling isn't as hard core as the Crosshair board and overclocking options aren't as high, it's not a surprise that the maximum overclock we achieved is a little lower. It's not much at all, though, and of course we'll be comparing our overclock results to our stock ones today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand