Looking at the board, it of course doesn't carry that sexy red and black setup that we saw on our ROG Crosshair V Formula board. It's still a pretty good looking board, though, thanks to that dark PCB, nice blues and a pretty meaty looking heatsink setup.
Moving away from the whole board and getting in closer, we can start to look at our expansion slots. We've got a single legacy PCI slot, two 1x PCI-E slots and three x16 PCI-E slots. While the 990FX chipset carries with it support for dual x16 when two video cards are used, the 990X supports only dual x8 when two cards are used. As for the third slot (black), that only supports x4 speed.
Moving to the bottom of the board, you can see all our headers here. From the left we've got S/PDIF and 1394 FireWire. Next to that we've got two switches that enable TPU and EPU; two ASUS features. Moving along again, we've got three USB headers, a COM header, fan header and our front panel system header.
Turning the corner, we've got a total of eight SATA ports. The six white ones are SATA III and controlled via the AMD SB950 chip; the other two are SATA II and controlled via the JMicron JMB362 controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017