Looking at the board, it of course doesn't carry that sexy red and black setup that we saw on our ROG Crosshair V Formula board. It's still a pretty good looking board, though, thanks to that dark PCB, nice blues and a pretty meaty looking heatsink setup.
Moving away from the whole board and getting in closer, we can start to look at our expansion slots. We've got a single legacy PCI slot, two 1x PCI-E slots and three x16 PCI-E slots. While the 990FX chipset carries with it support for dual x16 when two video cards are used, the 990X supports only dual x8 when two cards are used. As for the third slot (black), that only supports x4 speed.
Moving to the bottom of the board, you can see all our headers here. From the left we've got S/PDIF and 1394 FireWire. Next to that we've got two switches that enable TPU and EPU; two ASUS features. Moving along again, we've got three USB headers, a COM header, fan header and our front panel system header.
Turning the corner, we've got a total of eight SATA ports. The six white ones are SATA III and controlled via the AMD SB950 chip; the other two are SATA II and controlled via the JMicron JMB362 controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Tanks update 9,14 is gonna be big, plenty of bang to it
- Amazon's new games engine is powerful, flexible, and totally free
- The Division's open beta launches next week, coming first to Xbox One
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 patch live on the PS4, Xbone and PC tomorrow
- H1Z1 splits into two games, neither of them are free-to-play
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance