When it came time to install this beast, I found the easiest thing was to just set the case on its side and then begin work from there. Once this was accomplished, I was able to set the main assembly on the drive bays and then attach the cold plate. Here is what we have once it has been installed:
Once you have the cold plate properly attached you can begin attaching the main housing. This is accomplished by simply removing an existing 80mm fan from the back of the case and then putting this monstrosity in its place. Below is the result of this effort:
When the entire cooling system is correctly installed, the hoses between the housing and the cold plate will make a smooth curve. You'll want to make certain that hoses have no sharp bends or kinks in them or you may get the chance to test out that speed-throttling ability of your precious processor.
Once you've installed the cold plate and the cooling assembly, the only thing left is to hook up all of the electrical connections. This will require two motherboard fan headers and a single 4-pin Molex connector. This will ensure that you have power to all necessary areas and also gives the ability to monitor both fan speeds and pump RPM ratings during operation.
Now that we have the water-cooler in place, it is time to see if it can handle the load.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- TherMagic CCS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 2 [The Setup]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 3 [Installation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017