For those who have been taking in the reviews that we do regularly, you might remember a product made by Evergreen Technologies that was called TherMagic. It was a new thermal interface material and did an amazingly good job of transferring heat away from the processor core and into the heatsink. It even managed to edge out the industry leader, Arctic Silver, by a little bit.
Well, it seems as though the folks over at TherMagic didn't want to stop at just creating an outstanding TIM, but they also wanted to create a new method of cooling the processor as well. To accomplish this feat, they came up with a fully enclosed water cooling system that they called the CPU Cooling System; or CCS for short.
When I was first approached concerning the possibility of testing this kit and reviewing it, I was pretty hesitant. For those who know me at all, they also know that I have stayed far away from ANY water-cooling setup. This is mainly because I'm still concerned about the thought of introducing water to a set of electrical components, but also because of my fear that it might ruin my little toy. So rest assured that I'll be looking hard not only at performance, but also at the safety of this unit as well. I've put too much time and effort into creating a system that suits my exact needs to throw it all away on a whim.
So sit back and take a gander at a liquid solution designed for those who may be nervous about using this type of setup within their own system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- TherMagic CCS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 2 [The Setup]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPU combo with Corsair AIO cooler on Amazon
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood