Typically I am never this harsh with a cooler, as I can typically find a polite way of addressing issues as I come across them. All things considered, I just don't see how this cooler is going to make it in the kill or be killed market already flooded with good coolers. On top of that, silence in cooling is a huge plus, but as we just saw recently from NZXT, you can have both silence and kickass performance all in one sweet little package. While this cooler is attractive to look at and has some unique features to look at once it's installed, for my money looks aren't as important as cooling my processor is. For the price this cooler is suggested to retail at, I just don't see how I can recommend it by looks alone.
On the flip side of things, they may take this review to heart and go back to the drawing board to work out some fan options. Since this product isn't scheduled to release until August, anything can happen. If there are any changes or they send a revision over, I will be happy to test it and see what it is capable of. But as it sits, the AHC-118 is the basic average cooler in the ever growing list of coolers I have tested.
Even if I were to overlook the loss of performance to give into the need for an attractive silent cooler, there is the last kick in the pants to incorporate. This averagely performing cooler is set with an MSRP of $49.99 US dollars. I know these coolers are planned to release overseas and are likely on the markets there, but from what I can find via Google, I still haven't seen the Shagon' website, or any coolers for sale yet. So even if you were ready to shell out for either of the Shagon' coolers I have looked at, where exactly do you make a warranty claim, or get any support for that matter?
Until all these loose ends are tied up for this fledgling company, I am going to stick to my guns and give this product a solid "meh"! - I hope the fellas over at Shagon' don't take this to heart, as it is a good looking and silent cooler; I just can't equate the pricing to say you should go and buy this cooler as it was delivered to me.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Shagon' AHC-118 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20