Typically I am never this harsh with a cooler, as I can typically find a polite way of addressing issues as I come across them. All things considered, I just don't see how this cooler is going to make it in the kill or be killed market already flooded with good coolers. On top of that, silence in cooling is a huge plus, but as we just saw recently from NZXT, you can have both silence and kickass performance all in one sweet little package. While this cooler is attractive to look at and has some unique features to look at once it's installed, for my money looks aren't as important as cooling my processor is. For the price this cooler is suggested to retail at, I just don't see how I can recommend it by looks alone.
On the flip side of things, they may take this review to heart and go back to the drawing board to work out some fan options. Since this product isn't scheduled to release until August, anything can happen. If there are any changes or they send a revision over, I will be happy to test it and see what it is capable of. But as it sits, the AHC-118 is the basic average cooler in the ever growing list of coolers I have tested.
Even if I were to overlook the loss of performance to give into the need for an attractive silent cooler, there is the last kick in the pants to incorporate. This averagely performing cooler is set with an MSRP of $49.99 US dollars. I know these coolers are planned to release overseas and are likely on the markets there, but from what I can find via Google, I still haven't seen the Shagon' website, or any coolers for sale yet. So even if you were ready to shell out for either of the Shagon' coolers I have looked at, where exactly do you make a warranty claim, or get any support for that matter?
Until all these loose ends are tied up for this fledgling company, I am going to stick to my guns and give this product a solid "meh"! - I hope the fellas over at Shagon' don't take this to heart, as it is a good looking and silent cooler; I just can't equate the pricing to say you should go and buy this cooler as it was delivered to me.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Shagon' AHC-118 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'