At the end of this past March I was introduced to the first cooler from Shagon', the ARC-118. While the cooler was small in stature and cooled by only a 92mm fan, from what I can recall the cooler did pretty well on the charts and offered a somewhat silent user experience. Taking the basic tower, adding a uniquely colored shroud and fan blade combination, the maroon coloring made for an easily recognizable product in your case. Once you have laid eyes on this cooler it's much like a Noctua color scheme, it just never goes away as to which product is in the PC.
Following what made the ARC-118 an attractive prospect for your money, Shagon' went to a larger cooler this time. Similarities include the coloring, the use of a top cover that also acts to support the fan, and even the shape of the two coolers is similar. Where this new cooler starts to make a name for itself, it incorporates more heat pipes, more fins, a different fin design with cuts in the main area of flow and while similar, the new cooler takes a unique top cover shape.
I am eager to see what the changes and improvements have to offer the end user and see just how well this cooler will compete. I am speaking of the Shagon' AHC-118 CPU cooler we are about to take a look at today. Knowing what I know from looking at the ARC-118, I expect this cooler to be considerably better performing than the 92mm fan powered little brother. Silence seems to be the key, along with a unique looking cooler design for Shagon'. If you are going to enter an already full market, you do need to set yourself apart from the others. I just hope there isn't a lopsided battle of noise levels winning out to performance.
With a tag line like the "best overclocking weapon", I would think that this cooler will have the ability to handle just about anything I can throw at it and hopefully can do it with little noise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Shagon' AHC-118 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch all of the best Comic-Con trailers right here
- NVIDIA's next-gen Volta architecture could arrive in May 2017
- SAPPHIRE's new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 leaked photos surface
- Rise for 'Kong' in first 'Skull Island' trailer
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard