The Motherboard Continued
As we leave the bottom of the board and start to head towards the top corner, we can see our four RAM slots. We've got support for up to 32GB of DDR3 memory in Dual Channel mode. GIGABYTE offer support for 1066 / 1333 / 1600 / 1866 / 2000MHz DDR with 2000MHz DDR being achieved when overclocking your CPU.
Below our RAM slots we've got our main 24-Pin power connector and next to that we've got three little switches that make turning your PC on, off and resetting it easy. The third button which has a little cap over it gives us the ability to reset the CMOS easily in case you go a little too crazy when overclocking.
Moving around the CPU area, we can see our main 8-Pin power connector tucked between one of the main heatsinks. As for the CPU area, we can see the socket itself and plenty of room for those large coolers.
Looking at the connectivity side of things, we've got a PS/2 combo port, seven USB 2.0 ports controlled by the AMD South Bridge, two USB 3.0 ports in blue which are controlled by the Etron EJ168 chip, and a 1394 FireWire port running off the VIA VT6308 chip. There are also two eSATA ports with one being a eSATA / USB combo one controlled via the Marvell 88SE9172. There's a strong lineup of audio connectivity as well, which runs of the Realtek ALC889 codec and supports HD Audio, 7.1 and Dolby Home Theater.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- The Nokia 3310 finally goes on sale
- MSI confirms GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z for Computex 2017
- Intel Core i9-7900X benchmarked: 10C/20T @ 4.3GHz
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017