The Motherboard Continued
As we leave the bottom of the board and start to head towards the top corner, we can see our four RAM slots. We've got support for up to 32GB of DDR3 memory in Dual Channel mode. GIGABYTE offer support for 1066 / 1333 / 1600 / 1866 / 2000MHz DDR with 2000MHz DDR being achieved when overclocking your CPU.
Below our RAM slots we've got our main 24-Pin power connector and next to that we've got three little switches that make turning your PC on, off and resetting it easy. The third button which has a little cap over it gives us the ability to reset the CMOS easily in case you go a little too crazy when overclocking.
Moving around the CPU area, we can see our main 8-Pin power connector tucked between one of the main heatsinks. As for the CPU area, we can see the socket itself and plenty of room for those large coolers.
Looking at the connectivity side of things, we've got a PS/2 combo port, seven USB 2.0 ports controlled by the AMD South Bridge, two USB 3.0 ports in blue which are controlled by the Etron EJ168 chip, and a 1394 FireWire port running off the VIA VT6308 chip. There are also two eSATA ports with one being a eSATA / USB combo one controlled via the Marvell 88SE9172. There's a strong lineup of audio connectivity as well, which runs of the Realtek ALC889 codec and supports HD Audio, 7.1 and Dolby Home Theater.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Did Obsidian just tease Fallout: New Orleans?
- Xiaomi launches Redmi Note 4, priced at $150
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup