The Motherboard Continued
As we leave the bottom of the board and start to head towards the top corner, we can see our four RAM slots. We've got support for up to 32GB of DDR3 memory in Dual Channel mode. GIGABYTE offer support for 1066 / 1333 / 1600 / 1866 / 2000MHz DDR with 2000MHz DDR being achieved when overclocking your CPU.
Below our RAM slots we've got our main 24-Pin power connector and next to that we've got three little switches that make turning your PC on, off and resetting it easy. The third button which has a little cap over it gives us the ability to reset the CMOS easily in case you go a little too crazy when overclocking.
Moving around the CPU area, we can see our main 8-Pin power connector tucked between one of the main heatsinks. As for the CPU area, we can see the socket itself and plenty of room for those large coolers.
Looking at the connectivity side of things, we've got a PS/2 combo port, seven USB 2.0 ports controlled by the AMD South Bridge, two USB 3.0 ports in blue which are controlled by the Etron EJ168 chip, and a 1394 FireWire port running off the VIA VT6308 chip. There are also two eSATA ports with one being a eSATA / USB combo one controlled via the Marvell 88SE9172. There's a strong lineup of audio connectivity as well, which runs of the Realtek ALC889 codec and supports HD Audio, 7.1 and Dolby Home Theater.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications