nVidia have once before dabbled in the motherboard chipset sector with great disappointments, compatibility issues and horrid reviews. The original nForce chipset was designed with what was on paper, ground breaking features, but with the AMD Athlon CPU itself not able to take any advantage of these new features, i.e., them being beyond the AMD's capabilities to utilise, it was more than a flop for nVidia.
While being somewhat of a flop, these technologies have merged and grown for use with nVidia's new nForce2. Personally I would have tried to distance my company from the nForce name, but we will see if that is a factor. Dual Channel Memory system was taken from the original nForce and updated to support DDR-333 and 400 memory technologies, the APU (Audio Processing Unit) has been used again in the new Southbridge as well as the original nVidia MAC.
nVidia has taken its time to release their nForce2 chipset into the retail market. This could have been a fatal flaw due to VIA and their KT400, but as we have seen in earlier tests, the new nForce is able to take out VIA in every test.
Today we have in our labs the new nForce2 based motherboard for Chaintech, titled the Zenith 7NJS. This board is supposed to be Chaintech's most feature-packed and full on motherboard to date, continue on as we give you a run down on it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- Vivendi buys more Ubisoft shares, takeover rumors begin
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched