nVidia have once before dabbled in the motherboard chipset sector with great disappointments, compatibility issues and horrid reviews. The original nForce chipset was designed with what was on paper, ground breaking features, but with the AMD Athlon CPU itself not able to take any advantage of these new features, i.e., them being beyond the AMD's capabilities to utilise, it was more than a flop for nVidia.
While being somewhat of a flop, these technologies have merged and grown for use with nVidia's new nForce2. Personally I would have tried to distance my company from the nForce name, but we will see if that is a factor. Dual Channel Memory system was taken from the original nForce and updated to support DDR-333 and 400 memory technologies, the APU (Audio Processing Unit) has been used again in the new Southbridge as well as the original nVidia MAC.
nVidia has taken its time to release their nForce2 chipset into the retail market. This could have been a fatal flaw due to VIA and their KT400, but as we have seen in earlier tests, the new nForce is able to take out VIA in every test.
Today we have in our labs the new nForce2 based motherboard for Chaintech, titled the Zenith 7NJS. This board is supposed to be Chaintech's most feature-packed and full on motherboard to date, continue on as we give you a run down on it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPUs spotted in the flesh, retail boxes too
- LG officially announces the G6 camera specs
- NASA announces conference on discovery beyond our System
- Samsung teases Exynos 9; it could power the Galaxy S8
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league