Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The specifications sheet for the Agility 3 is impressive, almost as impressive as the Vertex 3. Per the spec sheets there isn't much different between the two. The Vertex 3 has a little higher read and write speed in the 240GB capacity size and a little higher IOPS rating, but most users aren't going to notice a few spare MB/s here and there.
The Agility 3 has a few extras not found on the Vertex 3. First off, the Agility 3 is available in 60GB, a capacity size omitted by OCZ with the flagship Vertex drives. Then there is the price; the Agility Series has always been priced better than the Vertex Series when it comes to cost per GB.
The current pricing from Newegg shows the 60GB Agility 3 at 134.99, 120GB at 279.99 and the 240GB that we are testing today at 489.99 USD. These prices are very similar to the Vertex 3 drives of the same capacity size.
What you don't get with the Agility 3 drives is a desktop adapter bracket and synchronized flash. With so few SATA 6G notebooks on the market, a majority of these drives are headed for desktop computers and without a desktop adapter bracket then you are going to spend some extra to make everything fit as it should. After adding in the cost of the adapter bracket, the Agility 3 gets closer to the price of a Vertex 3. As for the async flash, read on to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OCZ Agility 3 240GB]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Social media ad spending will hit $50 billion by 2019
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset