Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The specifications sheet for the Agility 3 is impressive, almost as impressive as the Vertex 3. Per the spec sheets there isn't much different between the two. The Vertex 3 has a little higher read and write speed in the 240GB capacity size and a little higher IOPS rating, but most users aren't going to notice a few spare MB/s here and there.
The Agility 3 has a few extras not found on the Vertex 3. First off, the Agility 3 is available in 60GB, a capacity size omitted by OCZ with the flagship Vertex drives. Then there is the price; the Agility Series has always been priced better than the Vertex Series when it comes to cost per GB.
The current pricing from Newegg shows the 60GB Agility 3 at 134.99, 120GB at 279.99 and the 240GB that we are testing today at 489.99 USD. These prices are very similar to the Vertex 3 drives of the same capacity size.
What you don't get with the Agility 3 drives is a desktop adapter bracket and synchronized flash. With so few SATA 6G notebooks on the market, a majority of these drives are headed for desktop computers and without a desktop adapter bracket then you are going to spend some extra to make everything fit as it should. After adding in the cost of the adapter bracket, the Agility 3 gets closer to the price of a Vertex 3. As for the async flash, read on to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OCZ Agility 3 240GB]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN modders have created some truly beautiful custom PCs
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream