I started testing the OCZ Technology Agility 3 a couple of weeks ago, but before writing it up took a few weeks to reflect on my findings. While away, I saw one of the greatest finishes ever at the Indy 500 unfold right in front of me and my wife and I welcomed a new addition in our hearts. Even with all of these events going on around me, the Agility 3 was on the back of my mind.
On the surface the OCZ Agility 3 looks like a great bargain, just like the Agility 2. You get a SandForce SF-2281 controller, the same used in the award winning Vertex 3 and the same great 3 year warranty. When the Vertex 2 and Agility 2 were launched over a year ago, the differences were in the programming and the Agility 2 was great value given that you got the same level of performance once the high IOPS burst of the Vertex 2 passed.
The differences between the Agility 3 and the Vertex 3 run deeper than just programming this round. The Vertex 3 uses synchronized flash, but the Agility 3 doesn't. Async flash isn't new, the Vertex 2 and Agility 2 both used async flash and it's been the standard for more than a year now. Today we'll see how IMFT async flash works with the SandForce SF-2281 controller and see if the OCZ Agility 3 is as good a bargain as the Agility 2 was last year.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OCZ Agility 3 240GB]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- Make the game you want to play with School of Game Design
- Lost in Space is coming back, with a 10-episode Netflix reboot
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card