Inside the BitFenix Shinobi Window Mid Tower Case
With the side panels off the frame we get a good look at what is going on inside the Shinobi Window. The manual seen on the floor of the chassis floats freely during transit, but the large white box gets strapped to the hard drive rack to keep your hardware secure.
With the Window comes the addition of the tool-free clips you see here. The top three for the optical bays are a pull to release, push to lock type of clip. The bottom eight bays use a insert and twist to lock style clip.
The motherboard tray is clearly marked for mini-ITX, micro-ATX, or ATX riser installations. Around the outside there are six holes to allow for wire management and twenty-three points to tie wiring to for a tidy finished look.
With the fan in front of the hard drive bays and the one you see mounted here, we have just covered the included cooling from the 120mm fans found in this chassis. I do like that the side of the case is cut to allow better access to the screws for the expansion slot covers.
Behind the tray you have 22mm on the low end and 24mm where there aren't any bumps in the tray to hide your wiring. Also notice that both sides of the hard drive bays have the tool-free clips to be sure the drives are secure.
Wiring is kept basic, but I live that all the wires are sleeved black. Even if they do have to travel across the inside to make their connections, being black they should go pretty much unnoticed.
The front bezel pulls off the front and as you can see there are no wires attached. The body of the chassis has the room for two fans even though only one 120mm fan is installed. I also like the dust filter on here, I don't know if the screw in the center is just for shipping, but I do know it holds this filter in very well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand