Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are greater than that of the LEPA G500-MA 500W PSU, we can test it to the maximum.
The LEPA G500-MA performed just as we expected and passed all of our tests with flying colors. Starting with the voltage readings, we see some very solid readings throughout all of the tests. Both the 5V and 12V rails showed regulation within 1% of their nominal values. The 3.3V rail showed regulation within 2%. It has been quite a while since we've had the pleasure of seeing regulation this good from start to finish.
Moving on to the noise on the 12V rail, we find the worst values seen from the LEPA G500-MA. While these might be the "worst" values we saw from the unit, they are far from being bad. The power supply started out with a reading of 16mV peak to peak and ended up showing a maximum of 33mV peak to peak. It might not be an exceptional reading, but what we would consider great.
Finally, we have the efficiency of the LEPA G500-MA. The power supply starts out quite strong with an efficiency of 89.3%. As we increase the load, we see a maximum of 90.5% efficiency during the second test and we end up with a full load efficiency of 88.5%. The LEPA G500-MA has great efficiency from start to finish and is well deserving of the 80Plus Gold certification it bears.
The LEPA G500-MA performs excellently for a 500W power supply. As a matter of fact, it performs just as you would expect any rebranded Enermax power supply to perform. Voltage regulation is excellent, noise regulation is great and efficiency is absolutely fantastic. Adding to the great performance is the excellent list of features, wonderful assortment of cables and connectors out of the box, and the ability to add more cables and connectors if needed.
The LEPA G500 isn't without its flaws. Fortunately, most of the flaws are superficial and something that LEPA can easily resolve. The damage that the unit sustained during shipping is simply unacceptable and due to poor packaging. Simply adding some additional foam on one side of the power supply would have prevented a majority of the damage, if not all of it. There is also no reason for the drop in warranty, especially since the rebranded power supply comes from the same parent company. It should share the same five year warranty that the power supply does with the Enermax branding.
LEPA knows that they have a quality product since they are simply rebranding an Enermax product. Now they just have to make sure that the customer gets the quality experience from start to finish so that the quality product can be enjoyed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- Josh had never was built with a dog
- TMs subject inside of original Day selection when compared you and me
- PRLog august
- to put it accurately
- Helical tape drs depend upon continuous a record understanding due to
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines