What I found the funniest about this entire process with the White 600T in reference to the window / mesh panel, is that in the end, I almost like it more than the 800D I use for my main rig! Of course, one is a mid tower and one is a full tower, but along with a very user friendly interior, optional hard drive abilities and the most shocking to me is that I am completely sold on a white exterior - when it's done right! This computer sits across the room and actually behind me, and I lost a lot of time after this build due to me spinning around to admire the finished product sitting on the table. I know the "idea" of a white case might be old hat, but to me it's all in the execution and final product once everything is in place, not how good it looks empty. I feel Corsair hit this one out of the park and offers both a sleek and sexy exterior, while giving you a black interior to have a very, very clean finished product!
I do miss the removal of the easy to remove, front fan clips system. In the original 600T there was a ring around the front fan that with the press of a pair of clips, the fan would almost fall out of place for easy cleaning. With the White version, this option isn't there. What I found more puzzling is that the front bezel blocks access to the screw heads and needs removal to get to the screws. I'm pretty sure I was doing it right, but the front panel fits so tightly I felt I was going to break the tabs just getting them close to releasing from the steel. Since they installed a removable dust filter into the front bezel of the chassis, unless you want to remove the 200mm fan to replace it, with basic maintenance of the dust filter there shouldn't be any long term issues. For my installation I didn't need to remove the bezel, I was only trying so I could get the image and ended up not wanting to risk breaking the bezel for the image.
With the hard drive racks removed entirely, I was able to improve the air flow inside of this 600T. If you leave one in place it blocks most of the bottom or top half of the intake fan. With both racks left in, there is substantially less air flow making it to your components, as with any case. What I really like is that I was able to run both my water cooling fans and the top exhaust fan off of the fan controller. This allows me to run everything in near silence or at full speed. The case fans themselves are very quiet, even at full speed. The noise I get from my build is all from the water cooling when I turn the knob to full speed. I would have liked to have the rear fan include white LEDs too, as the lighting from that direction would be nice to have "built in", but I digress, there are plenty of lighting kits on the market and they are cheap to purchase. I am pleased with the amount of lighting, air flow and noise levels that the CC600TWM-WHT offers out of the box, and have found a case that I think will be staying for the long haul in my personal collection.
I have mentioned before that the average buyer is looking for cases that are around the $100-150 for the usual suspects packed with as many features and most companies can muster, the price point of the White 600T is very reasonable in my opinion. While it does soar over that $150 USD mark, I think for the options and uniqueness of the build, it justifies it. I mentioned earlier, if you shop around you may find a slightly better deal, but the $179.99 pricing at Newegg.com is going to be tough to beat, especially when there is no shipping cost involved with that price! Since you can get the uniqueness of the black trim on the all white exterior and the optional mesh or window panels for the door, the CC600TWM-WHT should sell itself. I thought the original was a great case and I stand here surprised to say that an exterior color swap and a window can make a great design an almost perfect concept!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset