Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Fresh to this market, NZXT seems to have followed the basic premise of tower coolers with its basic concept. The combination of Aluminum for the forty-six fins and the top half of the base, and the use of copper for the base plate and the six, 6mm heat pipes which received nickel plating are things that you really can't change too much in the typical tower design. The nickel plated pipes are sandwiched between the copper base and the aluminum top half and get soldered to both for better heat transfer between the metals. These pipes then make some very tight turns and run vertically through the fins in a very evenly spaced pattern of the twelve tips that poke through the top fin. Things that can be changed, like fin shape, form, and the soldered attachment of the fins to the heat pipes help efficiency, and it seems NZXT wasn't lost on these little performance boosters. The body we just covered weighs in at 760 grams and that is before we add any cooling or mounting hardware.
Cooling the HAVIK 140 is a pair of 140mm fans that are made with a black frame and have nine blades with a funky shape in white. With the term "funky", I figured I should explain myself. This new fan has its blades oriented at a much steeper angle than I am used to seeing. That alone make these weird to see for the first time, but it's the heavy leading edge and the double bumped shape of each blade that has me saying "funky". These fans will spin at right around 1200 RPM with 12 volts supplied to them and offers just over 90 CFM of airflow. In the box you will get two of these fans, both powered by 3-pin connectors. You also don't need to worry about fan headers either, as NZXT includes a two fan adapter so you can power both off of one header.
With this cooler having just being launched publically, at this time I am unable to provide pricing or availability details, but knowing NZXT, they are already in full swing to have this cooler delivered to major etailers and retailers all over the place, and you should be able to get your mits on one within the next couple weeks.
With no price to go on at the moment, I will let the cooler talk for itself as I go through the images and show you with the testing results what this fresh entry to air cooling is capable of.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT HAVIK 140 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20