Because we're having a look at the chipset and motherboard more so than the AMD platform itself, we'll check out the ASUS Crosshair V Formula against the ASUS M4A89TD Pro which uses the AMD 890FX chipset.
We'll also be looking at the Crosshair V Formula with our CPU running at stock speeds and our CPU overclocked. Before we talk about the maximum overclock we achieved, let's first cover what we managed to achieve using the "OC" button that is present on the motherboard.
With the machine turned off, we press the button and then powered up our machine. Our machine then does a bit of a song and dance and after a minute or two we end up in Windows.
Firing up CPU-Z, we can see what we ended up at and as you can see above we managed to get into Windows at 3840MHz. This is a nice overclock from the stock 3300MHz made even better by the fact that all we had to do was press a button before turning the machine on.
With that done, though, we figured we'd just reboot and get into the BIOS and do some manual overclocking to see what we could achieve from our Phenom II X6 1100T.
While we could get in to Windows at 4.1GHz - 4.2GHz, our benchmarking was a little hit and miss with some tests having problems dealing with the speed. What we ended up at, though, was 4056MHz or 4.06GHz. This is overall a nice overclock and we'll see what kind of performance it brings over the default clock speeds.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs NVIDIA TITAN Xp
- Cheapest Rainbow Six Siege in big Ubisoft PC Summer Sale
- Meizu Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus specs and prices leak
- Sony's next gen PS5 may be traditional console gen
- Samsung Galaxy Stellar 2 specs and pricing leaked
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller