As we're seeing on most ASUS boards these days, the Crosshair V Formula uses a fancy UEFI BIOS. While not the first screen you'll see when you enter the BIOS, the board does offer EZ Mode from the top right corner.
Normally when you go into the BIOS you'll find yourself greeted by the Extreme Tweaker menu. Doing the extreme name justice, you'll find an absolute bucket load of options under this section which will help you do everything you'd possibly want when it comes to overclocking the board.
Throughout there's even more sub sections that let you control the boards power properties and adjust the timings on the RAM. Of course, you can also use the mouse if you want as that's indeed a feature, but I think most will find themselves sticking to the trusty keyboard.
Moving through the rest of the BIOS, there's not going to be much that really will surprise you with advanced options for your CPU, monitoring information, boot order and the ability to save your BIOS via profiles or setup the "GO Button" file. Within the final tool area, though, you'll be able to access ASUS EZ Flash 2 utility which gives you the ability to flash the motherboards BIOS with ease.
As long as you have the BIOS handy, you're able to quickly fire EZ Flash 2 up and get the latest BIOS installed with ease. Long gone are the days of having to mess around with DOS and crossing your fingers you've put the right parameters in when doing a flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- Nintendo Switch teardown teases massive 4310mAh battery
- Mass Effect Andromeda's latest gameplay video is here
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact