As we're seeing on most ASUS boards these days, the Crosshair V Formula uses a fancy UEFI BIOS. While not the first screen you'll see when you enter the BIOS, the board does offer EZ Mode from the top right corner.
Normally when you go into the BIOS you'll find yourself greeted by the Extreme Tweaker menu. Doing the extreme name justice, you'll find an absolute bucket load of options under this section which will help you do everything you'd possibly want when it comes to overclocking the board.
Throughout there's even more sub sections that let you control the boards power properties and adjust the timings on the RAM. Of course, you can also use the mouse if you want as that's indeed a feature, but I think most will find themselves sticking to the trusty keyboard.
Moving through the rest of the BIOS, there's not going to be much that really will surprise you with advanced options for your CPU, monitoring information, boot order and the ability to save your BIOS via profiles or setup the "GO Button" file. Within the final tool area, though, you'll be able to access ASUS EZ Flash 2 utility which gives you the ability to flash the motherboards BIOS with ease.
As long as you have the BIOS handy, you're able to quickly fire EZ Flash 2 up and get the latest BIOS installed with ease. Long gone are the days of having to mess around with DOS and crossing your fingers you've put the right parameters in when doing a flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design