The ROG boards from ASUS are great looking boards and this one is no different. We've got a black and red theme throughout There's nothing too crazy going on and you can see just a nice clean setup from top to bottom.
Moving closer to the board, we can start to look at the expansion slots that are on offer. We've got a single legacy PCI-Express port, single PCI-E 1x port and four PCI-E 16x ports that are all in red.
Of course, our four PCI-E 16x ports don't all run at 16x speed. With support for SLI and CrossFire you're going to want to know how to use the ports that are available. If you're using just the one card, you'll use the top one which runs at 16x. If you throw a second card into the mix you want to use the third port. This will allow both your cards to run at 16x. When using two cards the second port will run only at 1x.
If you throw a third card into the mix you'll use the top three ports and your setup from top to bottom would be 16x / 8x / 8x. At all times your forth slot will be running at 4x, but if you're opting for a multi GPU setup that takes up more than one slot, which is more than likely, you won't have a real need for the fourth PCI-E 16x slot.
Moving away from our expansion slots, we can check out the bottom of the board. On the right hand side you can see our main systems header, two fan headers and next to that two USB headers. The most stand out bit across the bottom would have to be our three buttons, though, which offer both power on / off and reset along with easy overclocking. With the press of the OC button when your system is off, it will then proceed to overclock the system itself. Just what kind of performance we achieved via this button, we'll discuss later on.
Turning the corner, you can see a total of seven SATA headers. The six pointing out are all SATA 6G ports that are controlled via the AMD SB950; the seventh port which sits by itself is also SATA 6G, but is controlled via the ASMedia chip.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives