Nero CD Speed
CD Speed is a CD-ROM benchmark by cdspeed2000.com which can test the most important features of a CD-ROM drive. Tests include Transfer rate, Seek times, CPU usage, Burst rate, DAE quality, Transfer rate and Spinup/spindown time.
- Liteon 52x
The results from Nero CD Speed are fairly self-explanatory. Pay careful attention to the average burn speed and low CPU usage figures.
We had issues getting this program working properly with our Sony 16x burner, so these results were not included.
CD Tach 98 Results
CD Tach is complete CD-ROM benchmarking software for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. Tests include Sequential read tests at nine locations on the disc, Full stroke access time, Random access time, CPU utilization at 4X, 8X, 12X and drive max speed, User-selectable CPU utilization, Interface burst speed test, Multipass testing, Standard ASCII and comma-delimited test logging and Command line parameters for network and batch testing.
- Liteon 52x
- Sony 16x
Our CD Tach 98 results really made the Liteon drive stand up and take pride.
The results were really nothing short of amazing. Pay close attention to the low access times and impressive CPU utilization - or lack of, as a matter of fact. Even when the Liteon drive was accessing 3 times faster than the Sony drive, it used 28% less CPU to perform the operation than the slower spinning Sony drive!
The results show that Liteon has not only produced a wickedly fast burner but they have also paid close attention the inner workings of the drive and what influence it has on the computer when it is working at these fast-paced speeds.
I have nothing but praise for Liteon from these benchmarking results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 3 [Features]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and Nero Burning ROM and Sandra]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Nero CD Speed and CD Tach 98]
- Liteon 52/24/52 - Page 7 [Media Testing and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA confirms the GeForce GTX 1080 cooler, kinda
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 leaked benchmarks tease 8GB RAM at 10GHz
- Live TV coming to YouTube coming next year, sources say
- Battlefield 5's first in-engine footage revealed
- DayZ 0.60 beta features DX11 renderer, massively improved framerates
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini